Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Second Day

Secon day of this new birth. As a write I realise the potential of this being read by anybody in this world. I dont have a specific issue to write about today. I am having my usual headache today and I just took a diclofenac to quiten it.
Am I happy inspite of the headache. Well the happiness is not quantifiable but yes i am distressed. I will feel more better if it would not have been there. So it gets back to the same thing ., there is no happiness without health.
It is not just about just one's own helath but also the health of near and dear ones.
Being a doctor can be taxing on the famil members. They have to deal with the initial primary treatment given by me. Dad had a bad pharyngitis last week which was controlled with roxithromycin, but there is residual dry cough which is persisting. Dextromethorphan, Cetrizine have not helped him and he has had sleepless nights. Finally I suggested that he take advice from my colleague. I will come to know about it once I return home.
It is very frustrating to contro only dry cough at night. Steam inhalation, drinking a glass of warm water can all help. Medication to control post nasal drip like Benadryl also helps. But when the cough persists it needs to be investigated.
Some alternative remedy is to take turmeric with milk, it does help. No scientific trials to support this but turmerics properties are being researched very wildly.

No comments: